Wednesday, July 8, 2009

All in the Family

So, I know that a few of you who read this will be present on July 11th, and so I can't give too much away, but I will say that those of you who are missing it, are really missing out! This event promises to be another good one. Should be rather interesting, to say the least. Again, like last time, we're eliminating the paper clues. However there are a few other major changes/new things we're trying out.
*Oh, for those who don't know what in the world I'm talking about: I am half of a two-woman team that writes, plans, and hosts murder mystery parties/events. We've been playing around with the idea of actually becoming a business. Right now we call ourselves Nichelle Mysteries. When the craziness of this upcoming event has passed we'll begin work on a website, but for now you can reach us at Nichelle.Mysteries@gmail.com.
Ok, now back to some of the new things we're trying out with this upcoming party! Like I said above, we've cut out the paper clues, and again most of the clues will be verbally shared and there will be a board of a few pertinent pieces of information. Which reminds me, I need to go work on a few of those...But another new development is that we're not telling the muderer(s) that he/she/they did it. And finally, unlike most of our mysteries the guests aren't receiving individual character sketchs, and unlike the mafia ones where they've gotten "family" sketches with no individual information; we're going somewhere in between for this one. It's a bunch of familiy sketches, but each family is made up of individuals. We'll see how these changes work. That's the nice thing about having willing test subjects (friends) to try some of these things out on! We're also only doing dessert and drinks this time around. But that's more for practicality's sake than anything else. Well, I'll leave it there for now. When I get a chance, after Saturday of course, I'll post pictures.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sad I can't make it to every one of your events. The one I did make it to was a blast. You're a natural storyteller!

    ReplyDelete