Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Valentine's Day

So...it's almost Valentine's Day...
I remember back in Elementary school when you'd buy a pack of valentines (or two depending on the size of your class) and you'd give the best ones to your friends and hope that you'd get something nice from someone in class.
I have always hoped for a secret admirer...maybe it has something to do with my love of mystery etc. but I really liked the idea of getting secret messages from someone who thought you special but was either equally into anonymity or perhaps they were a little too shy to reveal their identity, but at least they'd be brave enough to announce their feelings, even if from behind pencil and paper. ....That might also have something to do with it, I love getting mail, letters, notes, etc. That sort of thing just makes my day. I buy things online so I can get mail. That's probably why I love the story of Cyrano de Bergerac so much...
Well, despite the fact that I've yet to have a secret admirer, I do believe this Valentine's Day will be amazing because I'm going to spend it with amazing girls watching amazing movies eating amazing food! It's almost more like a "Single Awareness Day" celebration b/c we're keeping it to only a bunch of wonderful single ladies and we're indulging in both romantic and action/adventure films! I plan, for the sake of tradition (of the SAD days in years past) to wear black! Fortunately b/c of work I have a good amount of it! That's if for now. Sorry about the randomness of this post....it's almost stream of consciousness, kinda...well until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment