Monday, February 2, 2009

A Brief Update!

Hello Friends and Folks,

I just wanted to share a spot of good news with everyone!

Some background:
Since early October I've been working at Biola University in a part-time capacity as a "casual employee" which, here at Biola, means temp. This job I've been temp-ing in is the Graduate Special and Off-Campus Program Coordinator, in the Office of the Registrar. I took the job when the previous holder of it went on maternity leave. Last month she was due to come back to work, however due to the fact that her baby was born prematurely she really shouldn't leave her yet. So, after a bit of negotiating to try to figure out a goog balance, the former holder of this job resigned. Well it didn't take me very long to realize that I would kick myself later if I didn't apply for the position I'd already been filling. So I applied and I "interviewed" it was more like a meeting with the people I've been working with already, anyway and on Saturday (the last day of January) I was offered the full-time position. Of course, I accepted. So today, Monday, February 2nd, 2009 I spent my morning in Human Resources going through training since it is my official 1st day as the full-time Graduate Special and Off-Campus Program Coordinator! So now, when I get off work today (a couple of hours later than usual) I will have to sit down with all of this insurance paperwork and figure it all out! :D
Thanks for the prayers all of you who had been praying for a job for me! This is amazing and I am truly grateful for the way in which God works in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment