Tuesday, March 3, 2009

movie reaction (as opposed to review)

Ok, so...I went to see He's Just Not That Into You tonight and I really enjoyed it. It was different from your average chick flick in that it was not ALL happy-ending. The tough part is that it was still primarily happy ending and I think that fact undermines a lot of what it's trying to say about real life relationships. If you're going to set out to, at least in part, blame things like movies for ruining expectations and affecting the way girls interact with guys, you can't go tell "exceptions to the rules" stories! That's what you're complaining about in the first place, all those exceptions to the rules that we hear about and hope for! Oi!  To those who haven't seen the film, I suppose this is going to be moderately confusing. Sorry. I suggest giving it a view, even if you wait to do so until it gets to the $-theater or is available on netflix of at blockbuster. If nothing else it will give a bit of insight into how people think. I will completely admit to being similar to Gigi's character, by over-analyzing every little thing said or done. It's not healthy, and I guess I can say it's a good thing that I'm not quite as bad as she is, but then again, she's fictional, right? So there's definitely hyperbole involved in her situations for the sake of telling the story...anyway...I'll leave it there. I liked the movie, but at the same time disliked how accurate it was at times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment