Monday, March 2, 2009

...thoughts...

It is truly amazing how quickly the feeling of loss fills the place of accomplishment. I hosted the much anticipated (if only by me and my co-writer/co-host) murder mystery dinner party - 2049 this Saturday night. It went amazingly well, despite a few large issues like venue size, etc. I had such a great time with my friends and everyone who came. It was amazing watching these characters we spent so much time working on, come to life through the interpretations of people we know well. However, now that it's Monday, I feel, well, sad. It's done. It's been finished, they figured out the mystery and despite some of the smaller details that we always through in to create the world, all has been revealed. Now that it's over, I feel like there's something missing. Maybe this just proves the things I've heard for years: that I should write...maybe I should...I don't know whenever I try it doesn't come out the way I want it to. I get mixed up and lost in the ideas constantly growing in my head, so much so that I cannot untangle myself to get much further than the, occasionally intriguing, opening. I'm going to force myself to take a bit of a break after working for over a month on this last one and then maybe I'll start getting these ideas on paper...the funny thing is most of my ideas, even for what I know of how the murder mysteries work never reach paper...the intricacies of Metro 686 in the year 2049 are locked away in our heads, Rusty's and mine. I've lost all knowledge of where this post is going, so I'm going to stop here and work on something else. Until later!

No comments:

Post a Comment