Thursday, March 5, 2009

Still the Happiest Place!

On Monday of this week one of my friends whom I had not seen in a while posted as her facebook status that she wanted to go to Disneyland. This friend, Sarah, I met at Hume the summer I worked there. It was her 2nd summer and we lived right across the hall from each other. We became fast friends and have stayed in contact over the almost two years since we met. Being the Disneyland lover that I am added to the fact that I really miss her as she's been working full time at Hume since just before this last summer, I jumped at the chance to convince her to come! It didn't take too much to convince her and we planned that on Tuesday night she'd crash at my place and we'd go to the Park on Wednesday. I told my manager that I was going to take a personal day on Wednesday to meet up with friend at Disneyland, and we were set! We both left it open for other to join us, but I wasn't quite as active in inviting others as she was, part of me wishes I had, but part of me really liked the small number we had. The day started with breakfast at La Brea Bakery and then we met up with 4 other Hume Staffers and started our day at the park by waiting in our longest lines of the day - ticket lines. Once we were all ticketed we went into Disneyland and started an anti-clockwise circuit in Tomorrowland and then around. We got a good number or rides in and when the first bit of rain came, got a big damp, but not bad. The whole while we were at the park everyone, but especially Sarah and I were just ecstatic. I don't think I've ever not gotten excited to be at Disneyland, to me it is my happy-place. We sat (and sang) through the Tiki Room, which is always a blast! Later on in the day we were joined by Dani and by one of the friends of one of the guys in the group. At this point we had ridden most of the rides we'd really wanted to ride so we decided to do some of them over again! After our 2nd time on Space Mountain the clouds started to look particularly ominous and when we got off of Astro Blasters (for the 2nd time) we headed towards Indiana Jones. Seeing as though the line had a 25min. wait we chose to get fast passes and do a few other things before we came back. As we walked over to Thunder Mountain the clouds started to drip ever so lightly, but by the time we sat down in our run-away mine train the clouds let loose! We were drenched before we even started moving. As soon as we started moving the rain felt like a poweful shower. It was the first time I closed my eyes on that ride and it was only because I couldn't see much with water pelting my face! IT WAS AWESOME!! Once we were off Thunder we decided that since we weren't going to get much wetter, we'd go ride Splash Mountain! When we got to the entrance of the barn part, we were the only people in line and we helped them figure out the line time. Splash Mountain was amazing and because no one else in the park wanted to do a ride that was so wet on such a wet evening, we got to go around twice! If we hadn't already been looking like drowned rats, we surely would have after both of those times through! Sloshing as we got out of the logs, we squished our way back to Indiana Jones and peeled our soaked fast-passes from our pockets and tried to dry ourselves using the darts (of air) ...it didn't work too well. Oh well, it was fun. We then sloshed our way through Downtown Disney and back to our cars in the structure. Not until I got home and had a chance to look in the mirror did I realize that along with the soaking I'd gotten yesterday, I also received a nice bit of sun on my cheeks from when the sun did show up! It was amazing! I'm glad I went and I'm glad I got to hang out with Sarah and meet some new people and I'm glad the rain only made it more fun!

1 comment: