Thursday, March 19, 2009

a real post

It's already March! I don't know if I believe that! Another 2 months and I can celebrate the 1st anniversary of my college graduation (not that I'll celebrate that sort of thing) but wow! It's so strange to think about everything that's happened in the last year. I mean this time last year I had been working at Common Grounds for nearing 2 months, I was in a bunch of amazing classes from ASL to British Mystery to Israeli-Palestinian Conflict...wow. Of course I was doing more than just school and work, I was actively involved in running the events of the Guild of English Scholars and attempting to find people to continue that work in the following year. I was busy worrying about what life after graduation would be like and I was busy spending time with friends trying to make our time together last longer than it would. If someone told me then all the things that would transpire in the next year I would hardly have believed them. For example, how in the world would I have believed that I'd have had my first official relationship and then end it within 6mos. or that I would be working, full-time, within a year after graduation and living on my own! It's hard to believe even now that those two major things aren't even a fraction of everything that's happened in the last year. It really makes me wonder what I'll be doing in another year from now. Part of me hopes I'm still at Biola because I am enjoying what I do and because honestly it is such a blessing to be in this great position at a time when most of the country is facing major financial issues. But, there's a part of me that wants to be on my way to a bookstore by then. A year is a short amount of time for any business, so I know it probably won't happen like that, but I'm actively dreaming for this bookstore! I also wouldn't mind seeing Nichelle Murdery Mysteries,etc. get off the ground in another year or so, but that's up to God! Well, I'll just hit publish for now and I'll write more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment