Monday, June 27, 2011

blessed

it's not very often that I talk about much else on here than leaving for Scotland. But after church last night I just needed to pause and say a few things about the amazing blessing that Rock Harbor Fullerton has been in my life.
Week after week I'm continually amazed by what I've seen God do in this place and how I watch Him continue to work in the lives of the community He's gathering to himself in this place. I have been grown and stretched and loved on in and by this community that it will - no matter what happens in the rest of my life - be a very big part of my heart.
One of the hardest parts about leaving for school in Scotland is leaving this community*family*body of Christ (each of those words on its own isn't expressive enough, therefore the combination). My excitement about what God is doing and will continue to do in North Orange County, in the City of Fullerton, in and through RH Fullerton has only grown from those first days we met to pray together for what this campus might be. As it's Summertime we're moving into our summer rhythms as a church, but that also includes murmurs, thoughts, plans for what's to come in the Fall. Every time I hear about those I experience a very bittersweet excitement. I can't wait for this family of mine to move into these adventures. I long to be praying for them from wherever I am about whatever is happening here. However I can't shake the slight sadness of being able to see it first-hand. Which is when I'm reminded of the amazing things I'll be getting to be a part of where I am and the prayers from this family that I know will follow me and surround me all the way out to Scotland.
As I walk and drive around Fullerton I can't help but imagine what this city can and will grow into as the Church (both RH Fullerton and the body of Christ in Fullerton) continues to pour out themselves into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment