Monday, June 27, 2011

flurry of posts

why does it always seem that once I've updated my blog once in a day about a particular thing I find in that same day so many other things with which I want to update my blog? In those situations, I often find myself trying to wait until tomorrow or in a few days from now so that my blog-readers aren't faced with a downpour only to go through a drought for another week, month, etc.

Well, today, while I'm thinking about it, I'll post another. I've been doing a lot of thinking about writing recently. Probably in part because I just watched Woody Allen's new film Midnight in Paris yesterday. It was a film that seemed made for me. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, and I do highly suggest going to see it, so I won't go into too many details. When I stopped and thought about why I think that film was made for me, and how a writer/director like Woody Allen could write/direct a film for me is when I realized this: although we're veryvery people, we're both artists. We're both writers, we're both driven by the desires and frustrations of making art, bringing meaning to life.

Thinking those sorts of things, that I might have something in common with someone who is known for their art, gives me hope, and a desire to try to keep pushing through those walls-of-fears that I've built that keep myself safe from my own desire to create art.

Well, that's it for now, I guess. Maybe later there'll be another post...

No comments:

Post a Comment