Monday, November 24, 2008

It might be miles beyond the moon, or right there where you stand!

I'm sure there are plenty of others out there who feel the same way, but there's a part of me that doesn't want to believe that there could be anyone who is as big of a believer in Peter Pan as I am. As soon as many of you, my friends, read this, I'm sure you'll pipe up and disagree. Proclaiming that you, in fact, are just as enthralled by this boy who would not grow up. To be honest, I'm sure that you're right. I wonder what it is that draws us all to this little boy. Is it his youthfulness, his lust for adventure, the sadness he must have felt when he returned to his window to find it barred against him, or something else entirely by which we're all so beguiled. J.M. Barrie stands as one of my favorite authors of all time and it's all because of this timeless story of his about the boy who wouldn't grow up and the girl who wanted to be more than a mother to him. I'm not sure where I'm going with this...I'd love to go to Neverland, but writing a blog about it won't help be get there any faster. For now I'll just end by saying, I want to live by these words: To live (or to die) would be an awfully big adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment